Nutrition for pancreatic diseases in women and men requires selectivity and approach. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a moderate diet. The fifth table is an ideal method for treating and restoring lost organ function. Modern medicine is represented by a complex of therapies, diagnostics, preventives and other areas, knowledge and theories, whose main objective is not only therapy, but also the prevention of many diseases known to man.
Diet for the pancreas and stomach: characteristics
People who have faced complex inflammation treatments in the acute and / or chronic stages know that the doctor prescribes a specific diet. The pancreatic diet No. 5 is especially used, the mildest and most acceptable for pathologies of the digestive tract. The main task of the diet is to save the liver as much as possible, with a healthy and full diet and the normalization of the body's bile outflow system. Medicine sees the fifth table as the most chemically faithful nutritious food.
The Fifth Pancreatic Diet is not only a set of acceptable foods, but also the recommended cooking methods that are best for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes of the hepatic parenchyma and hepatic ducts.
- Liver cirrhosis developed in the absence of acute disorders of physiological processes.
- Dysfunction of the biliary tract and various pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Acute and chronic cholecystitis during therapy and rehabilitation.
- Bowel obstruction, which occurs in the context of the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what you can and cannot eat, how to cook, so that the dishes are not only healthy, but also tasty, aesthetically pleasing and appetizing.
Diet for the pancreas: what can you eat?
First, you need to clearly define the set of products that will fill the basic basket. It is important to carefully compose the week's menu, taking into account all factors and observing the variety. The general characteristics of the diet are as follows:
- The protein and carbohydrate balance level is within normal limits. Reducing the fat content on the menu.
- Heat treatment involves boiling and baking, sometimes baking is allowed. The vegetables are rubbed and the meat is crushed.
- The fifth food table is characterized by temperature standards, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
Doctor - author of the diet excludes from the menu the category of bloated foods containing elements of thick fiber, rich in extracts that stimulate secretory functions. The recipes allow you to diversify the table with one condition - it is imperative to reduce the salt content, and you should not use spicy and spicy seasonings.
What you can eat with pancreatic diseases: rules
All rules must be strictly followed and your dishes will be healthy and tasty:
- Light vegetable soups, lean meats and poultry, lightly dried rye bread, dairy products and omelets baked with vegetables, salads, cereals and fruit desserts prepared according to technology offer a wide rangerange of possibilities for creating a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis and other digestive system comorbidities.
- In addition to the peculiarities of preparation and the necessary food package, it is very important to observe a faithful lifestyle.
- It is necessary to distribute food up to six times a day, to minimize the physical activity of adults and children, they need to offer more relaxing games and activities.
- For adults and children, it is necessary to maintain rest after meals, an afternoon nap is recommended to improve digestion.
Pancreatic diet: menu of the week
Despite the very serious restrictions, the fifth type of dietary food is healthy, effective and has a natural flavor. For novice patients, several standard daily menus can be offered as a basis. A diet with diseased pancreas requires exceptional discipline and adherence to a temporary food intake regime, there is breakfast, lunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
Diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina porridge and tea.
- An apple and a handful of dried fruits.
- Light vegetable soup, lean meat roll, drink or jam.
- Rosehip drink with homemade breadcrumbs.
- Beet chops and tea with crackers.
Second menu, fifth diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, oats cooked in water and tea.
- Apple baked with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, chicken cooked with rice and milk sauce. Jam.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- A piece of fish cooked in a white sauce with vegetables. Garnish - mashed potatoes, herbal tea with baked cottage cheese.
- A glass of low-fat fermented milk overnight.
The second option is especially acceptable when acute cholecystitis is diagnosed, the disease will require an attitude based on principles, discipline and responsible compliance with all recommendations. The food table is an integral part of therapy during the period of rehabilitation and recovery after gallbladder removal. If followed exactly, complete recovery will be quick, the overall good condition as a whole is checked by the attending physician and the patient himself.
Pancreas: diet, recipes
The food table is distinguished by a variety of techniques and, with a little imagination, the patient can quickly appreciate the delicacies on the menu. It is not just the list of foods, but the use and combination of processing techniques that make this diet widely popular for a variety of purposes. Initially, the complex was considered an exclusively therapeutic diet. Today it is a wonderful tool for those people who want to deal with excess pounds.
- The vegetable soup is prepared with 1 liter of vegetable broth, with addition of cereals - rice, buckwheat or oats. The sauce, which includes 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots and flour, is dried in a dry skillet.
- Vegetarian pickles, borscht soup or light cabbage, prepared on the basis of 1-1, 5 liters of potato broth, cabbage, stew sauce in a pan, chopped small onion, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, add a significant variety to the approximate menu.
- 0, 5 - 0, 8 kg of lean chicken or turkey, beef, lean young lamb, rabbit, chopped or whole, boiled in 1. 5 liters of water, slightly salted and then cooked for 25 - 30 minutes.
- 0. 5 kg of pulp from low-fat marine fish varieties, ground or processed to the carcass stage, lightly salted and also boiled for 20 minutes. or bake for 30 minutes.
Patients diagnosed with gastroduodenitis - inflammation of the mucous membranes of the pyloric stomach and duodenum should eat exclusively dry rye bread, biscuits and dry lean biscuit.
Raw, cooked or roasted non-acidic fruits and fruits are recommended. Dried fruits, apples baked with honey, use of jams, jellies, jams, mousses are presented, where the sugar is partially replaced. Xylitol or its sorbitol analog is used.
Pancreatic diet: acute pancreatitis
Treatment of an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day rescue fast. During this period, it is only allowed to drink lightly concentrated decoctions, poorly fermented teas, without sugar and water, including mineral water. Food is supplied mainly by droppers.
After three days from the moment of the attack, the gradual introduction of the products begins. Foods enriched with carbohydrates are served in liquid form. It is forbidden to add salt and spices. Meals are mandatory, that is, from 5 to 7 meals a day.
The drink list expands to fruit juices, especially popular are cranberry and lingonberry, decoctions of rosehip and black currant, fresh fruit juices diluted in water. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters a day, excluding soups.
From the fifth day onwards, the pancreas's diet becomes more hypocaloric, about 700 calories, of which 15 grams are proteins (vegetables and milk), and 180 grams are carbohydrates. Fats fall into the absolute taboo.
One week after the attack, the pancreatic disease diet rises to 1000 calories, with a mandatory standard of 50 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Diet for the pancreas: menu of the day
An approximate menu for pancreatitis for the day looks like this:
- The first breakfast can be represented by porridge made from rice or semolina. Fresh apple, puree. Tea with a little sugar.
- For lunch, it is recommended to serve mashed carrots or potatoes. You can add about 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties). Then you can drink a sweetened rosehip decoction.
- Lunch should include the so-called vegetarian broth, that is, made with vegetables without added meat (125 ml). Some mashed potatoes with cooked meat or lean fish are served separately. It is also advisable to eat an apple puree at this meal.
- For the afternoon snack, nutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat and tea.
- For dinner, we serve boiled buckwheat to a viscous consistency and tea, to which you can add up to 1 tablespoon. I. natural honey.
- Before going to sleep, drink 1 cup of 250 ml of yogurt.
After two weeks of the attack, increase the protein content to 60 grams, fat to 20 grams and carbohydrates to 300 grams. Salt is also prohibited and undesirable. The preferred consistency of the food is puree. The portions are small and regular, at approximately equal intervals.
After twenty days, the rate of protein, fat and carbohydrates increases again and is now 100, 40 and 450 grams, respectively. The food is economical. Products that have the property of irritating the mucous membranes and stimulating the production of gastric juice are not allowed, as this can cause the appearance of flatulence.
What you can eat when your pancreas hurts: recommended meals
For clarity, we list the dishes that make up the diet of patients with inflamed pancreas. And although at first glance it seems that the food is strict, bland and modest, in reality it can be not only tasty, but also varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and vegetable puree;
- Sticky rice soup;
- Mashed potato soup;
- Puree oat soup;
- Cereal soup with mashed rice cooked in milk;
- Hercules soup with milk;
- Barley soup.
For the second, recipes like:
- Lean meat cooked like beef stroganoff;
- Meat soufflé;
- Meat puree;
- Steamed meatloaf;
- Meatballs steamed from lean meats;
- Meat cooked with a delicious white sauce;
- Steamed fish souffle;
- Steamed fish cutlets or dumplings;
- Steamed cottage cheese souffle;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- Steamed protein omelet;
- Courgette or carrot soufflé;
- Buckwheat porridge with viscous consistency;
- Porridge made from oatmeal mashed with milk;
- Vermicelli boiled in milk;
- Oven casserole with cottage cheese and macaroni;
- Vermicelli pudding with meat.
Drinks are represented by decoctions of wild fruits and, especially, rosehips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly made juices diluted in water, weakly prepared tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking fermented dairy products before bed, for example, low-fat yogurt or kefir, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: carrot or pumpkin juice, dried or fresh plum.
Bread, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, meat or fish broths, marinated products remain prohibited. Excluding those with a high percentage of fat, namely cream and sour cream. Radishes, onions, radishes and garlic, which are famous for their pungent odor and bright taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
By adhering to this diet for six months after suffering acute inflammation of the pancreas, a significant restoration of organic function can be expected. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of recovery. Any deviation from medical prescriptions can result in new attacks and a severe deterioration in health. It is worthwhile to use a little of the forbidden and all previous efforts will come to nothing.
Pancreatic diet 5: chronic pancreatitis
Older women often question whether hormonal medications can be taken and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. According to doctors, digestive disorders are not among the contraindications, which means that the agent will have no irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of a diet for chronic pancreatitis is an increase in the amount of protein consumed in food, while reducing the amount of fats, sugars and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods enriched with thick fibers and essential oils are prohibited. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still fractional, there are five to six meals a day, the portions are small.
Diet for pancreatic pain: menu of the day
- At the first breakfast they eat a little boiled meat with low fat content, milk porridge and a rare tea, preferably without sugar.
- The second breakfast can be steamed egg white omelet and rosehip decoction. It is allowed to sweeten a little with honey or sugar, but don't get carried away.
- For lunch, it is advisable to have soup cooked in vegetable broth, with the addition of chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini). For example, cooked meat can be used to make beef stroganoff, which is served with a little mashed potato. Homemade compote based on chopped nuts to complete the meal.
- Tea with milk and cottage cheese enriched with calcium are an excellent snack for those with chronic inflammation of the pancreas.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend carrot puree with low-fat boiled fish and tea with milk.
- Before going to sleep, a glass of fermented dairy products, for example, kefir, is mandatory.
Diet for pancreatic diseases: recommendations and products
Among the soups allowed for chronic pancreatitis are those called vegetarian, that is, cooked without the participation of meat or fish, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. The addition of cereals (oats, buckwheat or semolina) and vermicelli is acceptable.
Poultry and lean meats include rabbit, turkey, veal and beef. It is imperative to first clean the game skin and the fat and tendons of the meat, which will make it fat. It is allowed to boil the meat or steam it. It is chopped into pieces and rubbed to make souffle, mashed potatoes, chops or dumplings. Lean fish can be cooked in pieces.
Fermented dairy products are selected according to the low-fat criterion. Fresh non-acidic cottage cheese, baked pudding or crockpot, beverages with sour milk such as yogurt or kefir are allowed. But sour cream and sour cream are very greasy, so they can only be added to dishes, but not eaten ready. If your doctor approves of cheese in your diet, choose one with less fat and no spices.
When it comes to eggs, the yolks are still cautious. Its daily rate does not exceed half a boiled egg yolk, and only as a component of any dish. But the proteins in some eggs will make an excellent omelet, which will be useful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among cereals, chopped porridge of semi-viscous consistency is preferred: buckwheat, semolina, oats and rice, which are poured with milk and water in a 1: 1 ratio during cooking. You can also make delicious cereal puddings or casseroles. The addition of vermicelli and pasta is allowed.
Drinks for sustained remission include lightly boiled tea with a slice of lemon and a little sugar. A little milk can be added, if desired. Juices are only allowed at home, as they do not contain the preservatives, flavors and additives inherent in the warehouse. Freshly squeezed juices are diluted with water to reduce the acidity concentration. It is not recommended to add sugar. When cooking jams, berries, fruits and nuts are rubbed.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruits. Fruits and berries should be ripe and soft to the touch and should not taste sour.
Despite the fact that, compared to the diet for acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammation is famous for a wide variety of acceptable foods, rich meats and fish broths are still prohibited. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks cannot be included in the diet. Sausages, sausages, vegetables, canned food - all of this is taboo too. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radish, turnip, cucumber and rutabagas remain on the sidelines despite the established remission. Soft drinks, breads, hard cheeses, unground fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, peppers and mustard are added to the banned list.
In general, the fifth food table is considered the mildest for patients with pathologies of the digestive system. The ease of cooking and the variety of products allowed make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologist patients, but also for everyone who wants to lose weight.